OFF THE HOOK is seeking an experienced SALES MANAGER for our Downtown store. The Sales Manager will report to the General Manager and will ensure that the store runs smoothly on a day-to-day basis. The Sales Manager will work closely with both the sales staff and the General Manager and will be responsible for implementing new programs, and passing on directives and instructions from the General Manager to the sales staff. The Sales Manager will be a constant and guiding presence on the sales floor, tasked with getting the most from the team.
The Sales Manager will be expected to work open or close on Thursdays and Fridays, as well as Saturdays.
- The Sales Manager’s main responsibility is tracking and improving the sales staff’s performance. They will motivate the team to reach sales goals, while coaching them on how to maximize VPT, UPT and other KPIs.
- Prepare and present weekly sales reports — analyzing data, but also how sales people interact with customers and team dynamics — at weekly sales meetings.
- Lead by example when it comes to meeting and exceeding sales goals. The Sales Manager will be a guiding presence on the sales floor.
- Assure that the store is properly maintained by delegating various tasks to team members.
- Handle any high-level in-store customer service issues.
The ideal Sales Manager will:
- Have prior management-level experience in a fast-paced retail environment (store manager, assistant manager, team leader).
- Possess exceptional communication skills, both with subordinates and superiors.
- Have knowledge of, and a passion for, street fashion and sneaker culture.
- Have a proven track record as a power seller.
- Be a self-starter, and be able to prioritize and execute tasks.
- Be adept at tracking retail analytics and using that data to provide sales staff with feedback.
OFF THE HOOK is an independent street fashion retailer, anchored in Downtown Montreal since 1999. It has proven time and again to be a proving ground for some of the city’s best creative and retail talent and we look forward to working with the next generation of leaders in those fields.